The Buhari dictatorship, through the Defence Intelligence Agency [DIA], had earlier declared retired naval officer Kunle Olawunmi wanted for exposing how the Buhari dictatorship refused to prosecute highly-placed Nigerians whom Boko Haram terrorists mentioned as their sponsors.
The DIA had informed the retired naval officer to make himself available in Abuja on Tuesday, August 31, with his international passport which the agency hoped to confiscate for merely expressing himself.
A source who is familiar with the matter had said:
“The agency has declared retired Navy Commodore Kunle Olawunmi wanted for exposing how the Buhari regime is shielding Boko Haram funders. They have told him to come with his international passport to DIA headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday,” the source said.
However, following the outcry that trailed DIA’s decision to declare the retired naval officer wanted, the regime has now claimed that it did not declare him wanted, saying that he was only “invited” to help security forces with information about terrorism that he is privy of.
Recall that on Wednesday, August 25, retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi appeared on Channels Television’s programme: “Sunrise Daily” in reaction to the terrorists invasion of Nigerian Defence Academy, during which two military officers were killed whilst one was kidnapped.
The intelligence expert said that religion is the problem of Nigeria, through which the security architecture of the country is usually compromised. He said that whilst security is tight at the NDA on week days, the gates are usually thrown open for everyone to access the premises on Fridays, during Islamic prayers. He pointed out that such occasions are usually the time when terrorists take advantage to profile military facilities.
The retired naval officer further said that recently 400 people were identified as sponsors of Boko Haram but that the Buhari dictatorship refused to prosecute them. He said that the Department of State Services [DSS] has a detailed list of the people responsible for sponsoring Boko Haram but that they are incapacitated because the president’s body language opposes any prosecutorial move.
He said that many people whom his organisation found out were Boko Haram sponsors as at 2012 are in Aso Rock whilst others are state governors.